Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nasal Congestion, Determining the Symptoms of Sinusitis
Big Grin 
[size=4][b]Nasal Congestion - Determining the Symptoms of Sinusitis[/b][/size][hr]Different people have different symptoms for all kinds of sickness. One of the most complicated diseases there is sinusitis because the symptoms can vary per person. The most common symptoms of sinus infection are headache, facial tenderness or pain, and fever.

These are just some of the most common symptoms of sinusitis that everyone should watch out for. Because knowing the sinusitis symptom can help cure sinusitis antibiotics stage. It is very difficult to live in this time with sickness because of the fast pace of life. So do not get left behind and tackle not just the symptoms but the disease itself. Isn't it wonderful that we can now access information about anything, including Sinuses form the Internet without the hassle of going through books and magazines for matter!

[list][*]Let us enumerate each sinusitis symptom so we can have a better understanding of the sickness.[*]And as they say, it is better to know the symptoms already so we can easily prevent and cure it.[*]The more you read about Sinuses Throat, the more you get to understand the meaning of it.[*]So if you read this article and other related articles, you are sure to get the required amount of matter for yourself[/list]

[size=large][b]Headache that Usually Occurs When You Wake Up in the Morning[/b][/size][hr]- Pain is felt when the forehead is touched may mean that your frontal sinuses are already inflamed. - Ache in the upper jaw and teeth and the cheeks also become tender to touch that can be caused by the infection in the maximillary sinuses. - Swelling of the eyelids and tissue around the eyes, and pain between your eyes are also a symptom of sinusitis. These are cause by the inflammation of the ethmoid sinuses which are located near the tear ducts in the corner of the eyes. Ethmoid inflammation can also cause tenderness when the sides of the nose are touched, a loss of smell, and a stuffy nose may be experienced. - Earaches, neck pain, and deep aching at the top of the head can also be felt if the sphenoid sinuses is infected. - Fever - Weakness - Tiredness - Cough that may be more severe at night - Rhinitis or nasal congestion - Sore throat can be caused by the drainage of mucus from the sphenoid or other sinuses down the back of your throat (post nasal drip). When doing an assignment on Nasal Congestion, it is always better to look up and use matter like the one given here. Your assignment turns out to be more interesting and colorful this way.

Daytime dry cough that doesn't go well after the first 7 days of cold symptoms, fever, worsening congestion, dental pain, ear pain, or tenderness in the face can be experienced by older kids and teens. Sometimes teens that experiences sinusitis also develop upset stomachs, nausea, headaches, and pain behind the eyes. Learning about things is what we are living here for now. So try to get to know as much about everything, including Sinusitis whenever possible.

[size=large][b]But the Most Common Sinusitis Symptoms are Often Similar to Colds or Allergies[/b][/size][hr]Thick yellow or green mucus and post nasal drip, particularly at night, that can sometimes lead to sore throat is one symptom that can lead to sinusitis. The appearance of yellow mucus is can also be an indicator of a bacterial sinus infection but is not yet definite. Swelling, tenderness, and redness of the skin over the cheekbones are usually worse in the morning. People always think that they know everything about everything; however, it should be known that no one is perfect in everything. There is never a limit to learning; even learning about Sinusitis Symptoms.

Quote:[list][*]Other symptoms may include cloudy, discolored nasal drainage, a feeling of nasal stuffiness, a sore throat, and a cough.[*]Some people may also experience an increased sensitivity or headache when they lean forward.[*]Other associated allergy symptoms are itching of the eyes and sneezing may also be seen.[/list]

Paranasal sinuses are sinus cavities are air filled spaces within the bones of the skull. They are termed as paranasal sinus cavities because they are directly connected to the nasal passage. Paranasal sinus cavities reduce the weight of the skull, produce mucous which lines the nasal cavity and resonate the voice. There are four pairs of paranasal sinus cavities present in the human body. They are the frontal which are present which lie above the eyes in the frontal bone which forms the hard part of the head. The ethmoid sinus cavities lie between the nose and the eyes. The sphenoid sinus cavity lies at the skull base above the pituitary gland. The maxillary sinuses are the largest of all paranasal sinuses. They lie below the eye, in the cheek bone. There are a lot of opinions regarding what is paranasal sinus disease.

[list][*]Apart from understanding what is para nasal sinus disease, it is also important to know the best possible way to cure it.[*]It is best to take advice from a reputed medical practitioner.[*]A course of anti inflammatory drugs or anti allergic medicines helps most of the times.[*]Doctors also advice nasal irrigation or nasal sprays at times.[*]Surgery may be considered in some extreme cases.[*]Writing an article on Sinus Disease was our foremost priority while thinking of a topic to write on.[*]This is because Sinus Disease are interesting parts of our lives, and are needed by us.[*]Once a person understands what is para nasal sinus disease, he/ she should also realize the consequences of it.[*]A severe case of sinusitis may be a threat to a person's life.[*]It is best if sinusitis is taken care in an early stage.[*]The results of one reading this composition is a good understanding on the topic of Sinusitis.[*]So do go ahead and read this to learn more about Sinusitis.[/list]

[Image: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/979/i...raph4.jpeg]
[size=medium][b]Allergic Fungal Sinusitis Page 2 Allergic Fungal Sinusitis Page 3[/b][/size]

[list][*]One of the most important aspects of understanding what is para nasal sinus disease is understanding its symptoms.[*]Some of the most common symptoms of sinus disease are slow fever, headache, facial pain, swelling, jaw pain and toothache.[*]Sinus may also be accompanied by a pus filled nasal discharge which is greenish yellow in colour.[*]This nasal discharge may also be blood tinged.[/list]

[size=large][b]Paranasal Sinus Disease is the Inflammation of the Lining of These Sinus Cavities[/b][/size][hr]This inflammation can be caused by allergens, viral infections or bacteria. Another explanation to the question what is para nasal sinus disease is that when the mucous from the sinus cavities stops draining properly, it causes sinus. Healthy sinuses are normally air filled. Infected sinuses become mucous filled because of lack of proper drainage. Remember that it is very important to have a disciplined mode of writing when writing. This is because it is difficult to complete something started if there is no discipline in writing especially when writing on Sinus Cavity

[size=large][b]Sinus Infection, or Sinusitis, is an Inflammation of the Sinuses and Nasal Passages[/b][/size][hr]A sinus infection can cause a headache or pressure in the eyes, nose, cheek area, or on one side of the head. A person with a sinus infection may also have a cough, a fever, bad breath, and nasal congestion with thick nasal secretions. Sinusitis is categorized as acute (sudden onset) or chronic (long term, the most common type).

[size=large][b]You're Coughing, Your Nose is Stuffy, and You Feel Tired and Achy[/b][/size][hr]You think that you might be getting a cold. Later, when the medicines you've been taking to relieve symptoms of the common cold are not working and you've got a terrible headache, you finally drag yourself to the doctor. After listening to your history of symptoms, examining your face and forehead, and perhaps doing a sinus X-ray, the doctor says you have sinusitis.

Sinusitis or sinus infection is a lingering troublesome ailment which ultimately tells on the general health. The sinuses are cavities and inside these cavities are mucosal linings. The lining of the sinuses provides a very important and essential function in that they protect the body from dust, pollens, other foreign matter and pathogens in the air we breathe.The surface of this lining is made up of soft membrane-like tissues which is densely populated with microscopic hair-like cilia. The cilia act like oars to drain the mucus produced naturally by the body. So after reading what we have mentioned here on Sinus, it is up to you to provide your verdict as to what exactly it is that you find fascinating here.

[size=large][b]Sinus Infection Symptoms can Also be Caused by Food Allergies or a Severe Cold[/b][/size][hr]The people usually more susceptible to sinus infection symptoms are those with a weaken immune system. So it's a good idea to do what you can to improve your health and your immune system to help prevent the symptoms of a sinus infection. Writing on Nasal Congestion proved to be a gamble to us. This is because there simply seemed to be nothing to write about in the beginning of writing. It was only in the process of writing did we get more and more to write on Nasal Congestion.

[size=large][b]Sinus Infections and Allergies Pose a Unique Situation[/b][/size][hr]Just as sinusitis and related problems are so common, surprisingly, modern medicine has still not been able to provide definite solutions. To this date, sinus irrigation remains one of the most effective ways to treat sinus infections.

Sometimes, if a sinus infection is not getting better, comes back even after you take all your medicine, or if the doctor is thinking about doing surgery, he or she may send you to have a CT scan of the sinuses. The CT scan is a special X-ray that takes a picture of your insides. It doesn't hurt, and it makes it much easier for the doctor to see what's going on. Your doctor can clearly see what the sinuses look like and then decide what kind of treatment will help you get better faster.

[list][*]You're feeling awful.[*]Your teeth are hurting and you have a fever.[*]Your headache is getting worse and it won't stop.[*]You feel like you might be coming down with a cold or the flu again. Smile[/list]

Sinus infections are also called Sinusitis. Sinusitis is an inflammation or infection of the sinus cavities. It is estimated that in the United States alone, more than 30 million people are affected by sinus infections each year. The worldwide figure is surely much larger than this.

[size=large][b]So What are Some of the Common Sinus Infection Symptoms Anyway?[/b][/size][hr]The following list is not all-inclusive, but it is pretty close: Headache Fever Weakness or fatigue Cough Upper jaw and tooth ache Tenderness around the nose, forehead and cheeks Swelling and pressure around the eyes Ear ache and infection Runny nose Nasal congestion It is the normal style of writers to add additional information with the intention of lengthening the length of an article. However, we have provided a short and concise article with only required information on Nasal Congestion.

Your doctor will be able to give you an examination where he or she can listen to your symptoms and perform a physical examination on you. In some cases it may be necessary to have you undergo an MRI or a CAT Scan or possibly take some X-rays to determine what is happening inside your sinus cavities. We were rather indecisive on where to stop in our writings of Sinus Infection. We just went on writing and writing to give a long article.

[size=large][b]The Only Question is, What Do You Have?[/b][/size][hr]Is it a cold? Is it the Flu? Or do you have a sinus infection? It may sound strange, but many symptoms of the common cold or flu are also symptoms of an equally alarming infection of the sinuses. We have not actually resorted to roundabout means of getting our message on Sinusitis through to you. All the matter here is genuine and to the point.

You have any or a multitude of these symptoms, you may indeed have a sinus infection. It would be highly advisable to see your doctor right away to get a proper diagnosis of your actual condition. The value of this composition is achieved if after reading it, your knowledge on Sinuses is greatly influenced. This is how we find out that the meaning of Sinuses has really entered you!

How to avoid sinus infections can start with Allergy reactions,these also cause sinus symptoms including inflammation and swelling of the nasal passages and may shut the tiny openings from the nose to the sinuses. On and off inflammation of nasal passages from allergy reactions encourages mucous production and promotes bacteria and fungus growth. If they were allergies or environmental factors that form part of what causes sinus drainage, then proper hydration measures can treat it well. The result of abnormal drainage can be due to not drinking enough fluid to thin the mucus. If the drug is used for seasonal allergy,your therapy is best started 2 to 4 weeks before the season starts. Improvement in symptoms occurs generally within two days and the full benefit affects occurs after 1 to 2 weeks after you've started your treatment.

Another way on how to treat sinus infection is Astragalus, from ancient China it is a remedy that is taken orally, astragalus is effective in preventing and treating sinus infections. In addition, sinus remedies might as well help in some cases of nasal allergies. Sinusitis happens when there are inflammation in the sinus passage and an over secretion of mucus in the membrane lining in the nose and throat. Clear mucus generally indicates a cold or allergies, which can be effectively treated at home with over the counter medications and homeopathic remedies. Sinus congestion with a runny nose usually means a cold or allergies, while congestion that is accompanied by body aches and a fever will often indicate the flu. Get more information on how to treat sinus infection. The sources used for the information for this article on Sinus Remedies are all dependable ones. This is so that there be no confusion in the authenticity of the article.

The very first time when I thought my allergies were really bad, and when I went to the doctor for some allergy medication, my allergies were very serious that spring. It turns out my allergies were not at all the problem, I was just too used to always having a runny nose and a headache. The infection that causes in the nose, an allergic reaction or any other immune reactions will cause sinus allergies . It is typical to see these symptoms a few days after a cold virus, or perhaps during a severe allergy season. If you have had a cold, and see some of these symptoms within a few days after your cold improves, you may very well have a sinus infection. It was with great relief we ended writing on Sinusitis. There was just too much information to write, that we were starting to lose hopes on it's completion!
Heart 
[size=4][b]Nasal Irrigation - Sinusitis- How I Beat It- You can Too[/b][/size][hr]After two painful sinus operations, I was still coming down with infections. I had to find some real remedy to my sinusitis problem, as I was tired of taking antibiotics and especially tired of the dull, deep headaches every time I had an attack.

[size=large][b]Other Medications[/b][/size][hr]For many people the nasal irrigation system will be enough to control your sinus problems. Those of us with particularly significant sinusitis may need to supplement this with medications, and I use Flonase before going to bed each night as well. If I feel like I'm on the verge of a sinus infection I might take some zyrtec (an antihistimine) or if an infection seems imminent, I have my silver bullet, which is prednisone. I don't use much of the latter, however, as there can be side affects with this steroid. My doctor usually prescribes 10 pills of 20 mg each, and these last for about a year. I never take a whole pill and usually take 5 mg or 10 mg maximum at a time for a day or two. I'm told this is a reasonable amount and nothing to worry about. Speaking of bad side effects, prior to discovering Dr. Grossan's system, sometimes desperate for relief, I used an over-the-counter spray called afrin. The warnings on the label say to use this product for only 4 days or less. This medication can damage the cilia in one's sinuses and cause permanent damage if used too much. As frequent users know, there is also an effect called rebound congestion, so after using it you might end up just as congested as when you started. Thus, people are tempted to continue using it, and it is said to become addictive. Dr. Grossan simply recommends that you throw your afrin into the garbage and stay away from it. I have not used it for years now and am glad to be rid of it.

Dr. Murray Grossan to the Rescue I thus started doing more research on other books and approaches, and in the course of this I came across a book by Dr. Murray Grossan called "The Sinus Cure- 7 Simple Steps". In a nutshell, Dr. Grossan's system worked. His book contains many the relationship between ear infection and sinusitis and how to deal with it. He clearly explains the reasons for the problem and suggests numerous remedies including diet considerations, home environmental improvements like duct cleaning and humidity control, and the most important aspect of the program: pulsating nasal irrigation with a saline solution.

Haven't eliminated sinus infections entirely, and I might come down with perhaps one per year. I'm more susceptible when very tired, or after long flights, as we often go back and forth to Europe for our tour business. When flying anywhere I make sure to take some kind of decongestant, normally the Flonase. I can enjoy wine, cheese, chocolate, and I really don't need to avoid any particular foods. Dr. Grossan's system has worked for me, and I certainly don't miss the deep, painful sinus infection headaches that used to be all too familiar. Dr. Grossan has lots of other advice in his book as well, and I definitely recommend that anyone with sinusitis read it.

[size=large][b]This is the Easiest Way to Start, as You Have Everything Needed[/b][/size][hr]If the system works well and you want to continue to do nasal irrigation on a daily basis, I would suggest purchase of a pack of one dozen saline solution boxes, as the price is lower per box and there is only one shipping charge to pay. Of course one could still purchase a WaterPik at a retail store and buy the Dr. Grossan's adaptor and saline solution to work with it. For information about how to purchase these items, and also how to download a free ebook written by Dr. Grossan, follow the links at the end of this article. There is sure to be a grin on your face once you get to read this article on Sinus Infection. This is because you are sure to realize that all this matter is so obvious, you wonder how come you never got to know about it!

[size=large][b]The Easiest Way to Start[/b][/size][hr]In the past couple of years Dr. Grossan has come up with his own machine for nasal irrigation. It is called the Hydro Pulse Nasal Irrigation System. For about $89 plus shipping one receives the Hydro Pulse Nasal/Sinus Irrigator, 2 Original Sinus Irrigator Tips , 2 Original Throat Irrigator Tips, Breathe-ease XL Nasal Moisturizer (this is the saline solution), and excerpts from,"The Sinus Cure" by Dr. Grossan. The more readers we get to this writing on Nasal Irrigation, the more encouragement we get to produce similar, interesting articles for you to read. So read on and pass it to your friends.

[size=large][b]Best of Luck to All Sinusitis Sufferers[/b][/size][hr]I hope this information will help improve your lives as much as it has helped me. Please don't hesitate to forward this article to friends and family who suffer from sinusitis. Go ahead and read this article on Sinus. We would also appreciate it if you could give us an analysis on it for us to make any needed changes to it.

[size=large][b]Sinus Operations- Try to Avoid[/b][/size][hr]The operations were no fun. After the first one my nose was "packed". This means that in order to stop the bleeding, the ENT specialist/surgeon put a large amount of gauze in my nose, which means that one can only breathe through the mouth for the week or so of recovery time. In other words, swallowing and breathing cannot occur at the same time. This is a good way to lose weight, as one cannot eat much, but it is not a great way to live. At the end of this period, before pulling out the gauze, the doctor said "this will feel like I'm pulling your brains out through your nose". This was the most accurate statement he ever made to me. Pulling what seemed like 6 feet of moist, sticky gauze out of my nose was an almost surrealistically painful sensation. But I thought, "if my deviated septum is now fixed, at least I can look forward to no sinus infections in the future, or at least a lot fewer of them. I was wrong again, as they started coming back after a few months. I changed ENT specialists since the first one put me through tons of pain for no gain. After a couple of years of treatment with this new doctor, I decided to take his advice and try another operation. Among other therapies, I had allergy shots during that time, even though I only tested positive for minor allergies to a couple of things. My nose was not "packed" this time, but there was still plenty of pain. Again my hopes for an infection-free future were dashed when they started up again after a few months. So after two operations by two different ENT specialists, I said "enough is enough". For those considering sinus operations to fix things like a deviated septum, here's my considered advice: don't do it. At least try the nasal irrigation recommended by Dr. Murray Grossan which is explained below before you do. One hears about people who have had 5 or 6 sinus operations, and these either don't work, or if they do cause improvement, it doesn't last very long. Some people have told me that a sinus operation "fixed" their problems, but I am skeptical.

[size=large][b]Pain With Sinus is Synonymous[/b][/size][hr]The unwanted pain and distress pain include eye pain, headaches, neck pain. Sometimes even back pain due to fatigue. Sinusitis among children cause a dull, deep, or severe pain in the front of your head and face. They are caused by an inflammation in the passages behind the cheeks, nose, and eyes. Bending down or leaning over usually makes the pain worse, as do cold and damp weather. These are headaches that have a "butterfly" distribution where the headache is centered across the forehead between the eyes and on the mid face. A sinus headache is often bad in the morning and improves by afternoon. Many times they are confused with migraines or tension headaches. The nerve that supplies the sinusitis and nasal lining becomes irritated or inflamed, thus causing the pain. If an isolated ethmoid sinus or frontal sinus or spenoid sinus becomes obstructed or infected, it can cause pain without causing nasal congestion or drainage. Big Grin.

Nasal septal deviations often cause airway obstruction and can cause pain. Much relief from sinus pain can be achieved by using acupressure. It gives quick relief from the pain. For a person suffering from sinus pain the first treatment is usually with steroid nasal sprays and the occasional use of decongestant sprays and oral decongestants. If a person is suffering from chronic pain then surgery is suggested. The initial stages of this article on Nasal Congestion proved to be difficult. However, with hard work and perseverance, we have succeeded in providing an interesting and informative article for you to read.

[Image: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/979/i...ator9.jpeg]
[size=medium][b]Relieves Sinus Problem With Hydro Pulse Nasal Irrigator[/b][/size]

[list][*]At times when there is pain in the ear or temple region then it is said to be Temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction syndrome.[*]Treatment in such cases can be from a dentist who with simple measures or with splints and bring relief to the pain.[*]Pseudoephedrine and Advil/Tylenol help with the symptoms of pain and congestion.[*]The occasional use of Afrin type sprays can relieve flare ups of congestion and pain.[*]Saline nasal sprays, or saline rinses can really ease the pain to a great extent.[*]The value of this composition is achieved if after reading it, your knowledge on Sinus Pain is greatly influenced.[*]This is how we find out that the meaning of Sinus Pain has really entered you! [/list]

Quote:Other sinus pain treatment includes steroid nasal sprays, decongestants, sometimes oral steroids, leukotriene receptor antagonist and long duration broad spectrum antibiotics. You may be inquisitive as to where we got the matter for writing this article on Ethmoid Sinus. Of course through our general knowledge, and the Internet!